Principles of Nonviolent Communication
We are all compassionate by nature and any violent strategies – whether verbal or physical – are usually learned behaviours taught and supported by our environment.
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is based on the principles of nonviolence – the natural state of compassion when no violence is present in the heart.
In the workshop we will identify shared needs, revealed by the thoughts and feelings that surround these needs, and collaborate to develop strategies that meet them.
Key takeaways & benefits:
• Creates both harmony and learning for future cooperation
• Creates a quality of connection with other people and oneself that allows compassionate giving to take place
• Makes us believe that we are of service to others because it is in our nature to enjoy giving to one another
• Helps us discover the depth of our own compassion
Due to its far-reaching impact, NVC is now being interpreted as a spiritual practice, a set of values, a parenting technique, a method of social change, a meditation tool, an educational orientation and a worldview.
• 3 Student, Artist, Need-Based Scholarships available
• All of our programs are in English
Facilitator’s Bio: Sudha Shankar
Sudha Shankar has been working in the areas of communication and healing; she has experience in teaching in schools; has been an editor in national and international organizations; practises hypnotherapy and uses energy healing methods, to help bring about wholeness and wellness.
She is a Certified Trainer in NVC with the Centre for Nonviolent Communication and her passion is to share NVC and attempt to live the consciousness from moment to moment.
She uses NVC in her clinical work, NGOs, schools and universities.
She has conducted NVC trainings in several cities in India, as well as in Bangladesh and Nepal.
Date & Time: 25th July 2019 (5:15 PM – 7:30 PM)
Phone: +91 7290062030
Phone: +91 9250361903
Please Call between 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM IST