Street Photography Retreat with Ashok Kochhar
“Tell UR Story”, photography as a vehicle for storytelling.
Take stunning creative photographs in your own signature style while you receive personal attention working with international world-famous photographer Ashok Kochhar.
Spend 5 days photographing on location in Old Delhi.
Ashok will work one-on-one with each participant; giving his guidance and expertise as you develop your photographic narrative.
Limited to 6 participants, this exclusive event offers you to visually express what fascinates and inspires you in Delhi.
Meet in the mornings at the agreed-upon location.
Spend the day taking pictures, building relationships, experiencing together the tales of Delhi.
In the evenings, regroup, collaborate, motivate one another and commune in creativity.
Ashok will mentor you to find the fullest expression of your creative vision and polish your work into a finalized visual story of magnificence.
Saturday, 7th September
– Assembly at 3:30 pm at Zorba the Buddha, informal introduction and interactive session over tea
– 5:45 pm: An intense presentation on “ART OF SEEING”
Sunday to Tuesday, 8th – 10th September
– Ashok meets one participant at a pre-determined location. He spends time to share his experience ‘how to connect and capture images on location’.
– Post lunch he spends the same time with the next participant. This process continues till every participant is covered personally.
– All the other participants work on their respective stories at their locations decided by them.
– Everyone meets over evening at a cafe in Connaught Place for a brief discussion and clarifying doubts.
Wednesday, 11th September
– 9:00 AM meet at Zorba the Buddha
– In-depth assessment of pre-selected images created by each participant
– 11:00 AM tea and snacks at Zorba the Buddha
– Interactive session and post-processing of images
– Have Lunch and Wrap up
– Participants need to submit their concept a week before the workshop date. This will help Ashok to advise them in advance for any help around the story.
– Ashok is available even after the workshop for guidance.
Facilitator: Ashok Kochhar
Ashok Kochhar defies characterization as a visual artist. Over the last five decades, his visual artwork has spanned not just across industries but also across genres — from high end fashion/industrial to conceptual to landscapes to street and the list carries on.
As a commercial photographer, he has worked with the best of the international brands.
He has also represented Canon India for several years as its brand Ambassador.
He has over a dozen books to his name, along with contributions to various exhibitions, and has been taking workshops across India and New Zealand since 2008.
Ashok is also a spiritual being at heart. He has started several initiatives to selflessly spread happiness using visual arts.
His best-known non-profit initiatives are ‘A Million Smiles’ (capturing smiles of women using his old 8”X10” camera digitally), ‘Journey of a mystic’ (a multicity exhibition) and the biggest of all ‘My World-My Vision’ a community initiative to address teenage stress (exposing school kids to visual arts by providing them cameras free of cost, a nation wide initiative in New Zealand).
Ashok is an avid traveler and divides his time between Hamilton, New Zealand and New Delhi, India.
Presently he is engaged in the most prestigious project on “The Mother Ganges”, capturing river from its origin to the delta which is a 3000 Km long journey.
* Pre-registration is mandatory
Dates : 7th to 11th September 2019
Timings: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Please call between 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM IST